|thedivinegoat (thedivinegoat) wrote,|
@ 2009-05-05 04:07 pm UTC
|Current location:||Talgarth, Powys, Wales|
|Entry tags:||family, feminism, kids, school|
Page 7 read thus
Let boys be boys and girls be girls
Until the day your daughter expresses an interest in rocket science or your son gets into show jumping, you won't go far wrong if you try them out with these kinds of books...
- ...enjoy books about their interests - especially dinosaurs!
- ...like books that are a bit scary, funny or have silly jokes.
- ...often have a shorter attention span, so books you can dip in and out of may work better for them. Try comic strip books and non fiction.
- ...prefer big, bold, colourful illustrations or things that can be moved or touched.
- ...like reading to have a purpose, for example books that show you how to make things.
- ...enjoy series of books about the same characters.
- ...like to listen to talking books and watch DVDs of favourite books.
- ...enjoy a bit of fantasy, magic and make believe - princesses, castles, etc. like sparkle and glitter on the pages.
- enjoy books that have props with them - dolls, soft toys, dressing-up clothes.
RAGE HULK KILL SMASH
I will of course be complaining to the school, and to the fuckhead at the local education authority who thought it would a good idea to send this crap out, so any suggestions for good turns of phrases will be gratefully received.
I need a feminist rage icon.